Find a Career Experience
After completing an online career interest inventory through Career Cruising explore a Career Experience with a local professional in that industry. Follow the instructions below and use the resources to make sure you have the best experience.
Register to Create Your Account
Creating an account is simple!
- Click on Register in the top right of your screen. The registration form will then open. You will need to fully complete the form by correctly entering all of your information.
- Email - Enter your school e-mail address.
- First Name - Enter your first name.
- Last Name - Enter your last name.
- User Type - Select STUDENT from the dropdown menu.
- School - Select your school from the dropdown menu. (NOTE: If your school is not listed here, please contact your teacher.)
- Teacher - Select your teacher from the dropdown menu. (NOTE: If your teacher is not listed here, please contact your teacher to make sure they have an account setup on Your Future Greater Green Bay.)
- Expected Graduation Year - Enter your expected year of high school graduation (for example: 2020).
- Review all of your entered information for misspellings and accuracy. Any incorrect information may result in your account not working correctly.
- Click REGISTER once complete.
Teacher will Verify
After you click REGISTER, an email will be automatically sent to your selected Teacher to verify your Student account.
Your Teacher will verify your account in the email and you will then be sent a series of emails to access your account. If you DO NOT see any emails come through from Your Greater Waupaca Area, please check your SPAM or Junk folder in your email.
- The first email you receive after your account is verified will contain a website link (URL) for you to obtain your account password.
- After you click on the link, you will then receive a second email with your computer-generated password. This password will be long and tricky - you will have the opportunity to update the password to something you can remember once you log into your account.
- You can now access the website. Simply click on LOGIN in the upper right of your screen and enter your email address and computer-generated password.
- You now have access to browse the website and download resources - ENJOY!
If you want to change your password once you are logged into your account, you can click on your name in the upper right and update your profile.
Explore Student Career Experience's
- Log into your account by clicking on Login in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Explore career pathways and labor market information under the Students tab. Utilize the links and resources to learn which careers and career clusters are a good match for you.
- Share your career discoveries with your Teacher and Parents/Guardian.
- After reviewing the endless career pathways, explore the posted career-based learning experiences on Your Greater Waupaca Area.
- Go to Students > Explore Opportunities to search within the 16 career clusters for opportunities that relate to your career interests.
- You can also explore the businesses on Your Greater Waupaca Area by going to Students > Meet Our Companies.
Apply for a Student Experience
- Log into your Student account to apply for an opportunity.
- Go to Students > Explore Opportunities.
- Search for a career-based learning experience of interest to you.
- Click APPLY underneath the posted experience. (NOTE: Students can only apply for ONE career-based learning experience at a time.)
- A new screen will open, providing further information about the experience. Review the information and expectations. If you still want to apply to complete the experience, check the box that you have read and understand the terms of the opportunity.
- Click SUBMIT to complete the application process for the career-based learning experience.
Your Teacher will automatically receive an email message to review your application and approve or deny your request.
Wait for Teacher Approval
- Immediately after you apply for your career-based learning experience, your Teacher will receive an email to review your request and either approve or deny the request.
- If your request is approved, you will receive an email containing the contact information for you to schedule the career-based learning experience with the employer.
- If your request is denied, your Teacher will discuss the opportunity with you and help to identify another option that might be a better fit. (NOTE: Your account will be open to apply for a new opportunity if the request is denied by your Teacher.)
Coordinate Your Experience
- After you receive an approval email with the contact information for the experience, you must contact the employer to schedule a convenient time for them.
- Helpful resources are available to guide you throughout this process. Go to Students > Resources to review email templates, resume samples, and more available to help you have a great career experience.
- Be sure to arrive promptly, a few minutes prior to the start of your scheduled career-based learning experiernce.
- If you aren't sure of the employer's location, research the directions before you depart.
- Don't forget to follow the expectations as originally listed, or further outlined during your setup process, by the employer. (NOTE: Some employers will have requirements for dress, shoes, jewelry, etc. Be prepared for this and ask the correct questions before the day of the experience.)
- Be professional and respectful of all employer policies.
- Always remember to introduce yourself confidently and begin with a solid professional handshake. You only have one chance to make a first impression!
- Ask questions and take notes.
- Once the career-based learning experience is ending, be sure to thank the employer for their time. (A written thank you card sent after the experience will leave a great impression for the future)
Complete and Document Your Experience
Upon completing your career-based learning experience, you will need to close the opportunity by finishing the Exit Survey on Your Greater Waupaca Area.
- Log into your account on Your Greater Waupaca Area.
- Go to Students > Exit Survey.
- Select the Exit Survey for your recently completed opportunity.
- Be sure to answer all of the questions as they relate to your experience.
Once you submit the Exit Survey, your account will be reset, allowing you to apply for a new career-based learning experienence.