Discover your passion and design your path to success!
Connect with area business professionals. Learn about local jobs, workplace expectations and skills needed to prepare you for YOUR FUTURE success.
The Process is Simple:
Creating an account is simple!
- Complete the form using your school email address
- Review all of your entered information for misspellings and accuracy. Any incorrect information may result in your account not working correctly.
- Click REGISTER once complete.
Your Teacher will verify your account. You will be sent two emails. If you DO NOT see any emails come through from Your Future Greater Waupaca Area, please check your SPAM or Junk folder in your email.
- The first email will contain a website link (URL).
- Click on the link to receive a second email containing your computer-generated password. Copy and paste this password as it is long and tricky - you can update the password once you login.
- You can now access the website. Simply click on LOGIN in the upper right of your screen.
- You now have access to browse the website and download resources - ENJOY!
If you want to change your password once you are logged into your account, you can click on your name in the upper right and update your profile.
Explore Local Businesses and Learning Experiences
- Explore career pathways and labor market information under Academic and Career Plans > Career and College Resources. Utilize the links and resources to learn which career clusters are a good match for you.
- Explore the posted career-based learning experiences . Go to Students > Explore Opportunities to search within the career clusters for opportunities that relate to your career interests.
- Click on a business logo to learn more about that business.
Apply for an Experience
- Log into your Student account to apply for an opportunity.
- Go to Students > Explore Opportunities.
- Search for a career-based learning experience of interest to you.
- Click APPLY underneath the posted experience. (NOTE: Students can only apply for ONE career-based learning experience at a time.)
- A new screen will open, providing further information about the experience. Review the information and expectations. If you still want to apply to complete the experience, check the box that you have read and understand the terms of the opportunity.
- Click SUBMIT to complete the application process for the career-based learning experience.
Your Teacher will automatically receive an email message to review your application.
- Your Teacher will receive an email to review your request and either approve or deny the request.
- If your request is approved, you will receive an email containing the contact information for you to schedule the career-based learning experience with the employer.
- If your request is denied, your Teacher will discuss the opportunity with you and help to identify another option that might be a better fit. (NOTE: Your account will be open to apply for a new opportunity if the request is denied by your Teacher.)
Connect with a Business
- After you receive an approval email containing the contact information for the opportunity, it is up to you to contact the employer to schedule a convenient time.
- Helpful resources are available to guide you throughout this process. Go to Students > Resources to review the resources available to you.
Prepare for Your Experience
- Be sure to arrive a few minutes prior to the start of your scheduled career-based learning experiernce.
- Look up the directions before you leave.
- Follow expectations as originally listed, or outlined during your setup process, by the employer. (NOTE: Some employers will have requirements for dress, shoes, jewelry, etc. Be prepared for this and ask the correct questions before the day of the experience.)
- Be professional and respectful of all employer policies.
- Always remember to introduce yourself confidently and begin with a solid professional handshake. You only have one chance to make a first impression!
- Ask questions! Don't be afraid to take notes.
- When your experience is over, be sure to thank the employer for their time.
Complete Your Experience
Upon completing your career-based learning experience, you will need to close the opportunity by finishing the Exit Survey on Your Future Greater Waupaca Area.
- Log into your account on Your Future Greater Waupaca Area.
- Go to Students > Exit Survey.
- Select the Exit Survey for your recently completed opportunity.
- Be sure to answer all of the questions as they relate to your experience.
Once you submit the Exit Survey, your account will be reset, allowing you to apply for a new career-based learning experienence.